What you need to know
- Minecraft Live 2022 is in full swing with announcements and news about the future of the entire Minecraft franchise.
- During the event, Mojang Studios shared new details about the next Minecraft content update under version number 1.20.
- The update centers around player expression, representation and better transparency from Mojang Studios.
- Players can look forward to new features like hanging boards and cut-out bookshelves.
One of the main tenets of Minecraft is how it expands and evolves over time, and next year will be no different for the developers at Mojang Studios. At least one major content update is planned for Minecraft, and Mojang Studios finally revealed part of its plan to deliver fresh content to players on Saturday.
during Minecraft live 2022Mojang Studios has taken the Minecraft 1.20 patch, a currently unnamed content update focused on all vanillas Minecraft Players at some point in 2023. The focus of this update is on player expression, representation and creativity, Mojang Studios wants to add features that allow players to play more effectively the way they want, the way they want. According to the creators of the legendary survival game, this update is all about making Minecraft “Minecraftier”. This time around, Mojang Studios is taking a slightly different approach to Minecraft’s next content update.
The main change that Mojang Studios implemented with the Minecraft 1.20 update is in how it announces features. Both the Caves & Cliffs Update and The Wild Update were embroiled in controversy over a number of announced features that were later delayed or canceled, such as archaeology, birch forest improvements, and fireflies. Mojang Studios responds to community feedback and intends to only reveal features and content that are currently in development and have a low chance of being delayed or abandoned.
Deliberately avoiding revealing the full plan or even the name of the Minecraft 1.20 update will allow Mojang Studios to work more closely with the community to develop it, instead of just focusing on the features available to players. However, this change means that Mojang Studios has only revealed a handful of features in Minecraft 1.20, with more to come in the coming months. Here’s everything from the Minecraft 1.20 content update that will be revealed during Minecraft Live 2022:
- Seven new standard characters. Separate but related to the current 1.20 update, Minecraft’s popular standard characters Steve and Alex are set to make new friends. For the first time in years, players will have new standard skins to choose from.
- The seven characters added are Makene, Efe, Noor, Kai, Ari, Sunny and Zuri.
- Each character is visually unique, with different looks, including darker skin tones and even prosthetics.
- New characters will come to Minecraft at the end of November. or in a separate update in early December 2022
- Camels. Whichever mafia wins next to it Minecraft Live Mob Vote 2022The Minecraft 1.20 update will also include a desert-dwelling father alternative, the camel.
- Camels offer a unique riding experience with their “bold” ability instead of high jump
- Camels also support two-player saddles, a first for Minecraft rigs
- There is an abundance of unique animations such as camels stretching
- Passive groups can be found in desert villages
- The camels are so tall that they can’t reach players when enemy mobs ride them
- Camels can be bred using cactus
- Hanging signs. The classic icon that has been helping players tag and navigate in Minecraft for years is finally getting an alternative form – suspension icons.
- Hanging signs connect stripped logs and chains
- Hanging chains come in several varieties, including two chains when hanging from the bottom of blocks, one chain ending in a “V” shape when hanging from a narrow block like a fence, and two posts when hanging from the side. block
- Players can change the color of the hanging boards by using different types of wood
- Hyphens are the same as normal characters for text input
- Cut bookshelves. An interesting addition with Minecraft 1.20 is a new type of bookshelf with a more sophisticated experience that is fully functional.
- Cut-out bookshelves can hold 6 books of any type
- Players dynamically add and remove books from the bookshelf — no in-game UI menu
- Cut-out bookshelves support interaction with redstone, comparators can tell when a book is added or removed from a shelf.
- Using Redstone, players will be able to create secret bookshelf passages and more
- The regular bookshelf remains in the game
- Bamboo building blocks. The biggest Minecraft 1.20 addition featured in Minecraft Live 2022 is a complete set of bamboo building blocks and crafts, making it compatible with other types of wood.
- Bamboo can be used for wooden boxes, staircases, doors, fences and trapdoors with unique designs such as wood box crafts.
- There is also a unique bamboo mosaic block with a more decorative design
- Instead of a bamboo boat, players will be able to craft a unique flat design raft.
- Sal still supports up to two players as well as chests
- Features are not disclosed or forthcoming. Mojang Studios just showed off the features it’s confident will be coming with Minecraft 1.20, but there are other features that weren’t mentioned or aren’t coming with this update.
- Mojang Studios did not mention features such as archeology or birch forest upgrades
- The studio has confirmed that no biome updates are planned for 1.20
- Fireflies are still a possibility and being discussed at Mojang Studios, but not for 1.20
- Combat parity between Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition is something Mojang Studios wants to deliver, but it won’t happen in update 1.20
Image 1 of 4
Mojang Studios also announced that all the features revealed during Minecraft Live 2022 are closer than players expected, an exciting move that goes hand-in-hand with the studio’s new commitment to transparency and increased community involvement. The first moments and minecraft preview Builds for Minecraft 1.20 are just days away from the release of the update’s first four features, giving players a chance to get hands-on and give feedback in record time.
Over time, the 1.20 update will be expanded with new features and content, but only when Mojang Studios is confident that the features in the store are nearing completion and virtually guaranteed to reach the finish line. In this way, Mojang Studios hopes to reduce the frustration of Minecraft’s long update development time and add a lot of new content at the same time. The best games from Xbox. Minecraft 1.20 will be officially released in 2023 for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition.
Leave a Comment