Google began rolling out the latest changes to Android as part of its Google Play System updates in November, including improvements to Wallet and parental controls.
Update: Google is almost rolling out an updated image picker each Android device, including very outdated devices.
While major updates to Android usually come on an annual basis—give or take the occasional mid-year release like Android 12L—Google is constantly adding new features to phones, tablets, wearables, and more. improves the experience. These improvements come from a suite of apps/services that the company calls the “Google System,” namely the Play Store, Google Play Services, and Android’s monthly Play System Updates.
The easiest way to check if you need to update Google Play Services on your phone is to follow the app’s direct link. Play Store list and update from there if available. To update the Play Store, tap your avatar in the corner, then tap Settings. In the About section, you will see an option to Update Play Store. Meanwhile, Google Play system updates can be found via the Settings app under About Phone > Android version > Google Play system update.
Google has started sharing what to expect from November’s package of changes, although the details of the official Play System update, which begins with a tweak to Android’s parental controls, have yet to be released. Previously, any supervised users (or child accounts) on an Android device could not change the device’s clock, preventing an easy way to bypass time restrictions. With the latest Play Services update, that clock change restriction is only active for those with a set time limit, otherwise free clock change is allowed.
In addition, Google is making some changes to Google Wallet, allowing those accepting the payment service to customize the Wallet logo. Additionally, app/web developers will have new ways to “deep connect” to parts of Google Wallet.
Update 11/3: Google has now announced Android’s updated photo picker UI It debuted with Android 13 — becoming available for almost every Android device. According to the patch notes, phones and tablets up to Android 4.4 KitKat released in 2013 will be able to use Android 13’s photo picker.
At first it was only Google he said that devices with Android 11 and newer versions will get the new design. It seems the company has now found a way to integrate it with Play Services version 22.43 and made it part of November’s Google System updates.
Google Play System updates for November 2022
- [Phone] Allow supervised users without time limit features enabled to make changes to the device clock.
- [Phone] Enable photo picker support back to Android 4.4.
Google Play Store
- New Features to help you discover your favorite Apps and Games.
- Optimizations that enable faster and more reliable download and installation.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements for security, stability, and availability.
- [Phone] Updated user education experience for new Android features.
- [Phone] Allows merchants to dynamically generate a GPay button to customize it.
- [Phone] API update to allow deep links to additional Google Wallet screens.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links that generate income. more.
Leave a Comment